Tuesday 2 August 2016

Moving the VW fuses and relays

I went to see if my batteries would fit underneath the seats as I had planned. They did, however, they didn't fit in the drivers side due to the relay box being in there and also the earthing point for a couple of van electrics.

So, annoyingly, I had to come up with a plan to move the relay box somewhere else. I hate doing jobs that were unplanned, they just get in the way of progress!

Anyway, I went about removing the drivers seat and base. Managed to take a great big chunk out of my knuckle in the process. Finally got the relay and wiring loom free, then began re-routing it.
Built a box attached to the passenger seat and cut a hole for the relay plate to fit into. this took me most of today.. Urgh...




0 comments:

Post a Comment