Sunday 7 August 2016

Lots of jobs!

Managed to get a lot of jobs done over the last couple of days:

Shower & Tap Installed

I wanted a shower tap that turned on and off instantly in order to save water. So showers will basically be, get wet, turn off, soap up, turn on, rinse! So I went for a standard lever tap and used 15mm copper pipe with compression fittings. I quite like the industrial look! The shower head is also an eco shower head, so hopefully save water there too.



Shower Light

I pondered over what light to have in the bathroom for a while. Then I found this USB rechargeable motion sensing LED light! It's perfect! It comes on when entering the bathroom and turns off when leaving. It has an internal battery which can be recharged by USB. So once it runs out, I can just whack it into one of my USB wall sockets and recharge it in an hour or so. It is also really bright and lights the bathroom nicely. Best thing, was easy install, no wires, just 2 screws.



Thermostatic Mixing valve

At first, I thought I'd just put the hot water from the heater straight to the shower. I then realised that once the water had heated, it would be 70 degrees! So probably not a good idea to shower with just that! I did some research and the best thing I could find was to use a thermostatic mixing valve. I would therefore need to run a cold feed to it, in order to get the mix. I also had to figure out how to go from a 15mm compression fitting to a 12mm flexi pipe. I found a fitting on ebay, that went from 15mm to a hose tail, so this was perfect. 




Gas Drop vent & divider

Seen as there is a gas joint on the water heater, I needed to add a gas drop out vent. I tried putting it into the already exposed floor but after drilling a test hole, I realised it was right above a chassis member! Annoying!! So, I had to move it to the side slightly and go through the wood.
I then added the divider by screwing 2 battens, one in the floor and one to the top and then attaching ply.


Consumer unit, Fused Spur & earth cable

I finished off the consumer unit by adding a 5 amp fused spur from the 10 amp MCB to power the electric side of the water heater, This was a pain as it was already in situ, so I had to climb into the bed box to do it! At 6 foot 2, it's not very comfortable!! I then had to fix the earth cable to the chassis. I used a standard 6mm2 black cable for the earth and just added yellow and green sleeving. It was then fixed to the chassis with a M6 bolt.



Water heater control panel

This was a right pain as I had to get it to the other side of the van. I tried several locations but settled on here, as it's easily accessible but also out the way.










0 comments:

Post a Comment