Monday 16 May 2016

Table / Kitchen / Walls

Plodding along still!

Ordered loads of stuff that I will be fitting as soon as it all arrives. For now though here's a bit of an update.

Managed to start fitting the kitchen properly. Need to buy the worktop for it though. Going to just use some 12mm ply and double it up at the edges to make it appear thicker. Then add some sort of vinyl for the finish.


As you can see in the above pic, I have also started building the walls. None of these are actually fitted to the van yet, they are just wedge in place. They will have 5.5mm ply attached to each side and then a vinyl over the top of the ply. I need to wait until I have the ply ready, so I can easily cut it to the shape of the wall. Then I can fit the wall in place and attach the ply.


Finally, my dad found some Ikea bed slats dumped somewhere. He originally bought them back because he thought I could use them for the bed. I thought they were a bit to big for the bed though and was going to just chuck them away. However, I strangely had a dream about making a table (weird I know), so on Saturday, I set about cutting a load of these bed slats up and gluing/screwing them to a ply base.. This is what the outcome was:


I was rather happy with it! I'm going to line it with some batten to make it look a little nicer and also maybe sand it down and varnish it a bit more. It is a tad heavy but I think it will be ok. I'm going to make something at the back where it can be stored whilst also be used as a headboard.



0 comments:

Post a Comment