Sunday 3 July 2016

The Bathroom..

So I haven't really had a lot of time to take pictures or to write the blog, mainly because I've been trying to crack on with doing stuff, so we can get away asap!

I started on the bathroom this weekend but also finished a couple of small jobs off.
Kim helped me sort the edging on the kitchen out by using iron on edging. Which I was really happy with.
First, I test fitted all of the battened walls and also half test fitted the front frame:



I then screwed and glued the second wall into place.
I then made a start cutting the ply for the bathroom walls. I used the battened walls I made as templates. Once I'd cut the ply, everything was varnished and glued and screwed into place.


Next was the front frame.
I had to take the toilet and the shower tray into account because of where the door will be. I also had to leave a hole for the toilet access door (The "Poo door as Kim refers to it).
I put together the frame using simple butt joints again and made sure the door hole was perfectly square.


I made sure it fit into place and screwed it to the walls and floor



It suddenly felt very sturdy after screwing everything, so I was happy with it. I then varnished everything and also added the ply for the front frame.

Today's task was to add the vinyl to the bathroom walls. For this I am using Vinyl flooring. Having been recommended to me, you just stick it on with spray adhesive and it is waterproof enough to handle shower water/steam. So me and Kim cut it all to rough square sizes and then glued it in place one by one. I then went round the edges cutting off the excess. The corners will eventually be seeled with sealant, along with the tops and bottoms. Really happy with the outcome!!



Next was to vinyl the front ply and also fit the "poo" door..



As the weather was so good today, I also managed to do one of the big jobs I had remaining (with the help of my dad as an extra pair of hands).
The waste water tank was built specifically to fit my van and sits underneath, behind the drivers seat.
We just had to fit it! We needed to measure where the tank sat and then fit 4 long hooks into the chassis members. These then had small metal rests that the tank would sit on. The holes were all easy to drill, the hard bit was getting the hooks in! After several minutes swearing and banging, we managed it and tightened the waste tank up to the van:






0 comments:

Post a Comment