Sunday 3 April 2016

Sunday - The day of Varnish

We nipped to Screwfix and Homebase to pick up some varnish and a couple of other bits.
The wood needed sealing in order to protect it. So I used a water based varnish on all the ply, I'm not bothered how this looks because it won't be seen, it's purely for protection.
I then bought some natural Danish oil for the cladding after reading up some info about it. I'll apply one coat of this to seal it, then sand it smooth and then add Antique Pine Danish oil until I get the colour I want.

Anyway, first thing today was to put the wall in behind the drivers side. There's a slight gap on the end due to the size of the ply, I have more ply cut to fit this but wont put it in yet because of wiring.

Once the wall was in, me and Kim got down to varnishing! We started with the floor using brushes and varnishing along the grain of the wood. We left this to dry and then I went down to seal the cladding. I used a cotton t-shirt and basically just rubbed the Danish oil into the wood.

Pics:

Does exactly what it says on the tin...

Concentration face

Clearly annoyed at something??

 BEFORE

 AFTER

0 comments:

Post a Comment