Thursday 28 April 2016

Can't stop making things!!

I'm getting more and more confident with woodwork! I've read a lot of tutorials and articles about how to make things strong yet lightweight and I think I'm really starting to get the hang of it!
Here's what I've done over the last week or so:

Bed (1st section)





This section slides across and bolts onto the other section to lock it into place and support it. The clever bit is that when it's put back into a seat, you are able to lift the entire lid to get underneath.

Bed (2nd section)

This section is slightly different in that it doesn't have anything to lock onto for support. It will therefore have legs to support the slide out section. Annoyingly this meant altering the dimensions of the frame in order to compensate for the extra legs. I haven't actually fitted this section in place yet as I need to fit the water heater first but here it is so far:



The above shows how the legs will slide out. This section will also have a hinged lid but the legs will need to be lift up aswell.

Overhead Cupboards (Bed side)

There will be 3 overhead cupboards above the bed. I have started off by making the front frame for theses:


Overhead Cupboards (Kitchen side)

There will be 2 cupboards above the seating area and then 2 bigger cupboard above the kitchen. Again, I started off by making the front frame:


Kitchen

I had to measure all of this meticulously as it all needs to line up with the bed, the water tank and the battens. Once I was happy with all my measurements I began making the front frame:



The left bottom section will be a cupboard, the top blanked off (sink). 
The water tank section will be a cupboard with a drawer above it.
The thin section will be open shelves with the top blocked off (hob).
The last section will be blocked off entirely (gas locker).




0 comments:

Post a Comment