Saturday 13 February 2016

The Floor!!

Ok, so here's what I've been up to..

Now that I've prepared the floor by fibre glassing holes, sikaflexing the screw holes and dealing with surface rust, it's time to make a start!
I bought some 25mm x 50mm battens for the floor. I'm going to be using 25mm thick celotex style insulation, hence the thickness of wood to match.

I spent a fair time measuring out where everything was going to go and laid some masking tape to mark everything out. I then cut and placed the battens in places I would need to screw the furniture down into. Once everything was measured and cut etc, I stuck the battens down with Stixall, then taped them down and put my free weights on them to hold them in place whilst they sealant set:



Once they had firmly stuck down (couple of days cause it's so bloody cold!). It was time to get the insulation in.
I went and got some 25mm celotex style insulation and cut it to size with a stanley knife to fit all the gaps between the battens. I haven't stuck these down yet. That is tomorrows job! Any gaps will be filled with expanding foam and then aluminium tape around all the joins to create a vapour barrier.
Here's progress so far:



0 comments:

Post a Comment