Sunday 24 January 2016

Floor Preparation - Finished!

Haven't updated for a while but I have been fairly busy, when the bloody weather has allowed!

The floor is now prepared and ready to start battening.
I wire brushed (with a wire brush drill attachment) all the surface rust and around all the screw holes left by the old floor. To be honest there was hardly any but I was perhaps over cautious.
Once I had all the bare metal exposed, I then used a Hammerite metal paint which also treats rust (should I of missed any). I painted one coat over the exposed metal and then painted a second coat a few days later.



I was cautious where the wheel arches joined the floor as this can be a place for rust, so decided to strip it back and paint it anyway.

I then went round all of the screw holes and filled them with SikaFlex EBT sealant, in order to keep any water getting in and causing rust.



 Onto the insulation!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment