Sunday 3 January 2016

Bloody Weather

So, with the crap weather and Christmas etc, progress has stalled somewhat!!
It's really annoying because I don't really have anywhere to store the things I've removed other than inside the van itself. Therefore, if the weather is rubbish outside, they have to remain in the van whilst I work on it! Which makes life frustrating as there's not much space!

Any, I finally got out into the van today even though it was tipping it down all day.
Managed to get a few measurements done for various things and also managed to remove the headliner above the cab.
I'm want to put a shelf above the cab which is accessed from the rear. The headliner was a bit of a pain to get out but managed it after a few grumbles:



Ripped some more wires out, that were hidden underneath and cleaned the roof a little.
The shelf will fit where the top of the bulkhead used to be. the problem is the lip slants downwards, so I'm going to have to figure out the best way of supporting it:



I will probably use one of the pieces of ply I ripped up from the floor for this shelf, as it's still in relatively good condition. It's almost the right size too, which is a bonus. I have though about using the lip in the above picture to slot the shelf down into. I reckon it would be pretty solid like that but I have to take the headliner into account, as I want to put this back in.


0 comments:

Post a Comment